PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY
- Goodnite International Sdn Bhd (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) does not only prioritize crafting exquisite bedding products and furniture but also value the importance of privacy and recognises the sensitivity of personal data and information of our valuable customers, prospective customers, vendors, suppliers, distributors, service providers or business partners (“You”).Therefore, we strictly adhere and respect the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and are fully committed to fulfil our legal obligation under the same. In line with the PDPA which came into effect in November 2013, our policy will detail on how your Personal Data will be collected, stored, processed, utilised and protected by us in accordance with the PDPA, the applicable regulations, guidelines, orders made under the PDPA and any amendments made of the PDPA from time to time.As such, it is of vital importance for you to read our Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) to gain a comprehensive understanding of how we handle your Personal Data and the steps taken to ensure its confidentiality and integrity.
- By furnishing us with your Personal Data and/or continuing to utilize or access our website at goodnite.com.my and our electronic applications (‘’Apps’’), you warrant and represent that you have read and understood this Policy and consented to us collecting and processing your Personal Data in accordance with the Purpose(s) outlined herein.
- We reserve the right to modify, update and/or amend this Policy from time to time with reasonable notice given to you whenever necessary. Notice shall be given to you by announcements on our website and/or apps or by other appropriate means.
- Nature of Personal Data We Collect And Process
- The term “Personal Data” signifies any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual to the extent that the individual can be identified or be identifiable from such information that you have provided or made available to us.
- The nature of your personal data that we collect and process encompasses a wide range of information, including but not limited to :-
- (a) Identification Data:
– Your Full Name, National Registration Identity Card number, Passport Number, Driving License Number;
- (b) Contact Information:
– Residential address, email address, telephone number, house number and facsimile numbers;
- (c) Biographical Details:
– Personal attributes such as age, ethnicity, race, nationality, date of birth;
- (d) Financial Details:
– Bank account details, credit card details and income tax identification numbers;
- (e) Employment Information:
– Occupation and positions, company names, employment history, professional qualifications, company number, work address;
- (f) Information on Personal Interests:
– Types of products, services, activities, events, campaigns which may be of interest to you;
- (g) Online and Technical Data:
– IP addresses, cookies, device information and online behaviour;
- (h) Social Media and Communication Data:
– Social media accounts (Instagram, Tiktok, X, Facebook), instant messaging apps (Whatsapp, Telegram, Wechat) and other communication platforms;
- (i) Sensitive Personal Information
– Physical or mental health conditions, political opinions, religion or other beliefs and commission of any offence.
- In the event you provide us Personal Data of any third party, it will be deemed as the third party has perused and understand the Policy herein and assented to the same.
- Source Of Personal Data
- We believe that it is essential for us to be transparent and to furnish you with sufficient clarity about the sources from which we collect and process your Personal Data. Hence, we collect your Personal Data from these common sources, including but not limited to:-
- (a) Directly from Data Subjects:
– This is the main source of Personal Data. We acquire Personal Data directly from you during your course of dealings with us in any means or manner pursuant to any commercial transactions and/ or communications made from/ with us;
- (b) Personnel under our Employment:
– From our employees/ staffs/ workers for Personal Data provided by you in the course of business, enquiries, entries and interactions through our instant messaging service channels, e-mail, telephone calls or on our website;
- (c) Special Events & Promotions:
– At any of our events, seminars, carnivals, contests, lucky draws, special events, competitions and roadshows;
- (d) Online/ Physical Forms, Websites and Apps:
– From electronic or physical registration forms or requisite forms, newsletter subscriptions or e-commerce transactions and our Website or Apps for usage or functionality purposes.
- (e) Surveys and Feedback:
– From surveys, feedback and/or review forms, marketing research and customer satisfaction questionnaires;
- (f) Social Media Platforms:
– From your social media accounts and/or online activity and user content-generated.
- (g) Third Parties:
– From our business partners, third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, contractors and marketing agents who have obtained your consent to disclose your Personal Data.
- (h) Regulatory and Law Enforcement Authorities:
– From government agencies or regulatory bodies to comply with applicable laws, regulations, directives, court orders, bylaws, guidelines, circulars or codes;
- (i) Public Records:
– From credit reports, marketing lists or demographic data;
- (j) Cookies and Technologies Tracking:
– From our internet cookies on the Website or any Apps operating through the same website, its Domain Name Server, your IP address and your internet service provider.
- Purpose Of Processing Your Personal Data
- We consider it imperative to provide you with a clear and comprehensive understanding of the purposes behind the collection and processing of your Personal Data. Transparency in this regard is not just a legal requirement but also our fundamental commitment to your privacy and trust. Therefore, your Personal Data will be retained and processed for these purposes, encompassing but not limited to the following:-
- (a) Communication and Customer Engagements:
– To communicate with you and to facilitate the delivery of our products and/or services and the marketing and promotion of our products and/or services to you from time to time;
- (b) Service Enhancement and Product Development:
– To assist us to provide and improve our services to you, evaluate and better understand your needs and/or to develop and improve our products and/or services to you
- (c) Customer Support and Issue Resolution:- To evaluate and address your application, inquiry, requests or resolve any issues or disputes resulting from our business interactions;
- (d) Data analysis and market research:
– To perform market research, analyse internal marketing data, create customer profiles, study customer behaviours and preferences, conduct planning, statistical analysis and trend analysis related to our products or services;
- (e) Credit Assessment and Financial Transactions:
– To conduct assessments of your credit history and establish your credit worthiness, whenever necessary, in order to provide you with your required products and/or services or to engage in a commercial transaction with you;
- (f) Administrative and Operational Tasks:
– To maintain and update internal records, manage information databases, address customer service needs and handle various administrative tasks such as auditing, risk management, monitoring and preventing fraud;
- (g) Legal and Regulatory Compliance:
– To adhere and comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us;
- (h) Content Customisation:
– To enable us to understand your preference and to personalise our contents and/or advertisement to the likings of our audience;
- (i) Business Efficacy:
– To operate, maintain and improve our management record and relationship between you and us;
- (j) Compliance with PDPA
– For such other purposes that are required or permitted under the PDPA or other applicable laws.
- Accuracy Of Your Personal Data
- We make every effort to maintain the highest level of accuracy, completeness, and reliability in all the Personal Data collected by us. As the accuracy of your Personal Data relies greatly upon the information furnished by you, it is your responsibility to:-
- (a) Declare that all Personal Data submitted to us are accurate, updated, comprehensive and not misleading and you shall not withhold any Personal Data which may be material and substantial in any respect; and
- (b) Promptly notify us in writing to the email address provided below when such Personal Data provided to us earlier becomes inaccurate, incomplete, outdated or changes in any way/ manner.
- Effect Of Not Consenting To This Policy
- We seek to emphasise that our approach in collecting and processing Personal Data is focusing solely on the essential information needed. The specific types of Personal Data gathered and processed may differ from person to person. Consequently, whether providing your Personal Data is mandatory or voluntary hinges entirely on the Purpose(s) for which we are seeking the same.
- Should it become necessary for you to furnish us with your Personal Data, and you fail or choose not to do so or decline to consent to this Policy, the consequence is that we will be regrettably unable to fulfil your requests for our products and/or services or engage in any commercial transactions with you.
- Secured Disclosure of Personal Data
- We assure you that we would not transfer or disclose your Personal Data to any third party without your written consent. However, there are circumstances where it shall be necessary to disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties (not exhaustive), for the above-mentioned Purpose(s) :-
- (a) Internal Entities:
– Corporate Entities within Goodnite International Sdn Bhd including all related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies; and
- (b) Business Partners and Third Party Service Providers:
– Our joint ventures/ business partners, third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, contractors, data processors or agents that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business or perform the above-mentioned purpose(s) and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business.
- (c) Legal Proceedings and Relevant Parties:
– Any relevant parties involved in legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings for or against us;
- (d) Legal and Regulatory Authorities:
– Government agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies, industry regulators, ministries, and/or statutory agencies or bodies, offices in any jurisdiction, whenever necessary, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, order or judgment of a court or tribunal;
- (e) Professional Service Providers:
– Our appointed auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers to provide services to us;
- (f) Financial Institutions:
– Financial institutions for the purpose of applying and obtaining credit facility(ies), if necessary;
– Financial institutions, merchants and credit card organisations in connection with your commercial transactions with us; and
– Payment channels for the purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment of any amount due to us in connection with your purchase of our products and/or services;
- (g) Data centres and/or servers
– Data centres and/or servers located within or outside Malaysia for data storage purposes;
- Data Security Safeguards & Procedures
- We understand that your trust is the foundation of our relationship. Hence, we aim to offer you peace of mind, knowing that your personal data is in our safe hands.
- We shall endeavour to implement the suitable administrative and security measures and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws, regulations, and industry standard to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, unauthorised disclosure and leakage of access to, your Personal Data. To provide further assurance to you, we shall enhance our security measures and procedures and ensure the same are kept up to date from time to time.
- Your Rights of Access And Correction
- You have the right to request for access to and/or request to correct your Personal Data held by us and you may notify us in writing to the email address provided below if you intend to:-
(a) Check whether the company retains or processes your Personal Data and request access to and/or a copy of such data that we retain about you;
(b) Request us to correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, obsolete or outdated;
(c) Request us to cease the processing of your Personal Data. However, this may result in our inability to provide you with your required products and/or services or fulfil our obligations to you effectively; or
(d) Request us to explain our policies and procedures in relation to data and types of personal data handled by us.
- However, it is worth noting that we have the right to refuse your request to access and/or correct your Personal Data pursuant to the provisions under PDPA.
- The email address in which written requests for access to Personal Data or correction and/or deletion of personal data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of Personal Data handled can be made to is firstname.lastname@example.org.